Download & print full CV here
- Affinity Educator at Serif Europe Ltd
- Voicing, recording and editing video tutorials for Affinity software including Photo, Photo iPad, Designer iPad.
- Demonstrating Affinity software to private sectors, journalists, members of public.
- Stills photography for tutorial samples and Spotlight articles.
- Technically accurate photography to aid software feature development.
- Training staff members and external bodies on Affinity Photo.
- Set-up and maintenance of video live streaming/recording facilities.
- Live vision & audio mixing for launch events.
- Technical support to end users of Affinity Photo.
- Varied video & motion graphics work, e.g. practical shooting series.
- 3D scene composition & rendering, detailed asset creation including PBR texturing.
- App development for internal use using C++, ObjC, Swift (e.g. media encoding).
- Writing technical articles, producing practical 'Shooting Series' and other supporting content for Affinity Spotlight.
- Additional voiceover work (e.g. phone messages for automated call system).
- Video Editor and Cameraman at Teaching Art Ltd
- Shooting, editing and delivering instructional painting DVDs.
- Scripting, shooting and editing television adverts for SAA (Society for All Artists) products.
- Shooting and editing studio-based television series "A Splash of Paint".
- Media encoding & Broadcast compliance for media deliverables.
- Technical studio experience—lighting, camera equipment, working with talent, audio.
- Product photography for SAA products.
- Voiceover work for product webclips and adverts.
- Photography: Providing photographic material for specific purposes - promotional, product, tuitional. In-depth technical knowledge of photography.
- Video: Shooting and editing high quality video that is technically accurate. Familiar with both location & studio work. Skilled with multiple editing software packages, experienced with post production and delivery techniques.
- Training: Producing video tutorials with concise, clear presentation. Can develop skills without formal structure or tuition, then educate others using this knowledge. Developing and using own material (e.g. photography).
- Development: Developing media applications, web development, tutorials & help documentation, game engine programming & design.
- Broadcast: Video preprocessing, content compliance, audio treatment, colour correction, colour conversion.
- Voiceover: Delivering clear, accurate voiceovers for marketing & tuition purposes.
- Image Editing/Compositing: Affinity Photo, Photoshop
- Media Encoding/Preprocessing: ffmpeg, x264/x265, AviSynth, VapourSynth
- Video Editing/Compositing: Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After Effects, Motion, Fusion, Camtasia, Edius
- 3D Engine Design: Unreal Engine 1/2/3/4
- Web Applications: Node, nw.js, Electron
- Web Server Administration: lighttpd, Apache, nginx, PHP, mySQL, FastCGI, multiple Linux distributions
- Working with professional and amateur talent for video & photography shoots.
- Audio recording and post production, mixing to a professional standard.
- Delivering for print with image colour management.
- Leader & programmer of "Fraghouse" mod team, producing Unreal Engine mods, 2000-2007.